Friday, October 16, 2009

RomantiCon

First, I have to say GO PHILLIES! Now...

RomantiCon was a real blast and for those who couldn't make it - I hope to see you next year. I'm starting off with a fun video link I begged to use. It was done by Kristin Daniel's a fellow EC author and a member of a critique group I used to belong to. It was exciting to finally meet Kris in person and we shared some funny moments. Here you go...Oh, watch it all, you don't want to miss the end!

I'm posting a few pictures and then getting back to work. Enjoy!

This is a photo of the wonderful Adele Dubois with the newest of the Cavemen, Angelo. He stole everyone's heart. Adele is the author of Desert Wild and Desert Fever at EC and the trade paperback is now out, Desert Nectar, which includes both stories. If you haven't read one, you're missing out. And I hope Adele doesn't mind that I snagged this photo:
This is a group of really nice looking men. Arms and abs galore. Where do they come from?

I was perusing butts looking for my angel, Ramiel's, but it wasn't there. However, I got a shot of some that could have been. Don't ask me names...oh, all right, center is Bryan, Bobby K is on the right and can't see the face of the one on the left and I don't know which one he is looking at him from the front - LOL. I mean, don't blame me, all those tie dyed shirts look alike! The guys were fun to talk to and they were very gracious in their agreeing to pose for this photo. I need to hurry and write another story just so I can get a cover with any one of the Cavemen on it.

This is me with Angelo. Told you, he was quite a hit. Look at the arms on this guy. WHEW! The imagination can truly run wild. All I need to do is direct those thoughts to keyboard and screen. I can tell you one thing for sure - the story will be hot, HOT! Trust me, I won't be in it. *grins* I'd not be able to get the story told orrrr it would be the Greatest Story told (pun definitely intended!)



On to the next shot...this is me at my first ever signing. Can't tell you what an amazing feeling this was. I was situated between two wonderful authors, Cindy Spencer Pape and Ruby Storm. In fact the only shopping I got done was buying an autographed book from each of them. As much as I enjoyed my first time signing, I missed being able to shop and talk to all the authors. So I learned something, get in there early and do your looking because once your butt's in the seat, you don't get to move too much. Anyway I came home with some spare change and I intend to do a little shopping this weekend at the Ellora's Cave site.
Finally, I received a 2009 Rising Star award. This came as quite a shock to me and I'm still working on moving the grin from my face. I can't tell you what a rocking time the whole affair was. The staff at EC were wonderful, the authors as fabulous as ever.
Next year can't come soon enough, but until then: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.J. Hali Steele

7 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Looks like it was so much fun!!

J Hali Steele said...

It was! That's all I'm saying...

LM Spangler said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Congrats on winning the award.

I'm also with you on the Phils! Woo-hoo!

Liena~

J Hali Steele said...

Liena, how about those Phillies? Can they pull it off again...hell yeah!

Thanks for coming by and you've got to get to a RomantiCon...next year's date has been set already. It'll start October 8th and I'd love to see you in Richfield!

Annie Nicholas said...

I just realized my comments from my Blackberry were not coming through. *grrr*

Congrats on the award Joann! It's looks like so much fun. Especially, the cavemen.

J Hali Steele said...

They were so yummy! But meeting so many of my fav authors was as exciting and well worth the trip.

Thanks for getting your message through, Annie.

Annie Nicholas said...

What classes did you go to?