Monday, December 21, 2009

Let's Play a Game

Happy Manic Monday and Happy Holidays! Rae got me thinking about fan fic which led to my post on Katherine Kerr and now brings me to my thoughts today.

If I could spend a day with any fictional hero/heroine who would it be and why?

Boy, I don't know about you but my list was looonng. To choose one? I thought about Rhodry in Kerr's series, a half elf with jet black hair and corn flower blue eyes. Based on old celtic warriors, he's pretty rough around the edges though. The smell would kill me, let alone the table manners.


I couldn't find a picture of Rhodry so this is how I picture him. LOL

Then I comtemplated Drizzt, a dark elf from Salvatore's series. Long white hair, skin black as a night with a heart of gold who can kick a**. Though handsome, he'd probably talk my ear off about his angst then I'd insult him by telling him to stop making mountains out of mole hills. He'd lose his temper, pick up his scimtars and hack up my poor hound dog. Not a good idea. How would I explain that to my boys?


One after another I went through my list. My chose would be Banichi, an Atevi from CJ Cherryh's Foreigner series. Averaging eight feet tall, he's an alien assassin who's society is based on not pissing each other off because it's legal to hire someone like him to solve their problems. Intelligent, compitent, and funny I think I could manage spending enough time with him and not get myself killed. LOL


Now the second part of my question is for the writers who frequent this blog. Which of your own hero/heroines would you like to spend time with?

That one was a no brainer for me. Tane. *ducks from Rebecca's swat* A ancient Nosferatu vampire, Tane is a no-nonsense kind of guy who walks in that gray area between good and evil. You're never sure which side he's on. Wait. That's not true. He's on his side. LOL. Sauve and charismatic, when he wants to be, I could spend an evening with him.


After writing this blog, it's come to my attention that I seem to like men who are no good for me.

Now it's your turn.




10 comments:

J Hali Steele said...

I can't...I refuse to pick just ONE! *grins*

Annie Nicholas said...

That's cheating Joann. There's no fifth ammendment at PR. Come on, you have to a favorite. The other characters feelings won't be hurt.

Andrea I said...

I would have to go with Dante Baptiste from Adrian Phoenix's Makers Song series.
I know I would have to share him with Heather.

Rebecca Royce said...

Um, maybe any of the heroes from Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series.

Sandra Sookoo said...

There's too many to pick from. Recently, though, I've been dreaming about Robert Irvine from the Food Network. Does that count? LOL ;-)

Annie Nicholas said...

Rebecca- a little Jean-Claude or Nathaniel for you.

Sure, I'll accept a cook for you Sandi!

But what about from your own heros?

Unknown said...

Hi :)
I like your "bad guy" selections. Love Bianchi too but I like his daughter even more. ;)
Merry Christmas!
RKCharron

Sandra Sookoo said...

Annie, from my own heroes? Hmm, maybe the Ethan the pirate, Edwin the vampire or Nicholas the feline shape shifter. Or heck, Aaron the Cupid :-)

Sandy said...

If I were young again, it would be Jake from Adiction.

booklover0226 said...

First, I must say, your post about Drizzt CRACKED ME UP! Now I want to read Homeland and see what Drizzt is all about.

I would pick Z from the BDB series...

Thanks,
Tracey D