Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm off!

Not literally!

But I'm leaving shortly to attend the Liberty States Fiction Writers Convention Create Something Magical.
I'm looking forward to the convention for a couple of reasons. I've been a member of this group for a few months and I'm anxious to meet everyone. It's a great group and the information they share has always been timely and helpful. There will be some really great authors, editors and agents in attendance and I look forward to learning a lot and having a good time.

This will be the first time that I have moderated at a con and I hope it's not silly to say I'm excited! It's the F. Paul Wilson session on Self Editing. The session will also have plenty of information I'm interested in as I've done a lot of self editing lately. I'll find out if I'm on the right track--are there things I should be doing that I'm not, things I'm doing that I should not. Did that make sense?

Though I can't wait to get there, relax and settle in, there is a question in here. And I promise to post pictures next week (even if I have to borrow some!)

How do you handle editing before you submit a manuscript to a publisher? Do you only self edit or do you use a critique partner, or a group?

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

1 comment:

Annie Nicholas said...

I have a process.

1. after first draft is written do edits.

2. Get it critted.

3. after it sits for two weeks, do edits.

4. get at least two beta reads.