Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Furday...

err...Friday!

I haven't done furry creatures for a long time. So I went hunting around the web yesterday for some baby fur balls. Boy, I love looking at little animals! They're cute, cuddly and carefree. At least those who haven't come up against the real world yet.

This thought was on my mind because I'm close to finishing the next book in the Extra Cream series. Zader's Menagerie is a little different in that it is about the Kind species, but this time--I'm bringing out the big dogs. Yes, there are wolves infected with the vampyre curse. Talk about howling at the moon! I think the title gives away the fact that it's a menage. It's been tricky mating a mountain lion with a wolf who is the pack alpha's mate! Hey, that's the fun of creating new worlds.

Here's an unofficial blurb:
Zader Montana is Sovereign Kind. A cougar infected with vampyre blood, he refuses to embrace his undead half but it’s that part of him who prowls the night looking for the she-wolf he desires. His problem--she’s mated to the alpha of the pack sharing his mountaintop.

Skye wants a taste of the cat who trails her every night. Will her mate, Leaf, let her have a bite? They’re infected with the vampyre curse too but the wolves aren’t finicky. Skye’s willing to be shared by both leaders--as long as she gets what she wants!

Zader’s Menagerie: This cat will learn to howl at the moon--and like it!

Stay tuned for more information.

In the meantime, aren't these little critters beautiful?

Don't mess with a Tasmanian Devil's babies!
Yes, I 'm a Meerkat Manor fan.
                                                                                                                        This is one determined Snow Fox.



Don't worry, Momma cougar will reach him!


A baby Tapir

Meet Lord Greystoke who appeared in With Extra Cream as 'Big Guy'. This is my baby.









Until next time: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

5 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

I love when you do Furry Creatures!!

Sandra Sookoo said...

I like the housecat the best :-)

Annie Nicholas said...

Lord Greystoke is a BIG baby.

I've never seen a Tapir before.

J Hali Steele said...

I love Furdays too, Rebecca!

Sandi, that guy is dear to my heart.

Grey is over 20lbs of love, Annie. Tapirs are found in the Amazon. Isn't that little guy cute?

Jackie said...

My Favorite type of post to come across, all the little furry fiends are so cute!!! Thanks for finding these wonderful pictures to share, you started my weekend off with a smile!!

jackie b central texas