Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Count is 100

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far awa.....oh wait, that's wrong. But this is about a time long ago. 2004 to be exact. See, I was in a place where I didn't write much. Very little actually - 100 words at a time to be perfectly frank. While I couldn't find the inspiration to write full-length stories, I found a way to keep my writing brain flexed. So...100 words - no more, no less:

I sit in the dark in silence with nothing but my thoughts. I think of you. Of the times you lied to me. Of the times you said you cared and said you loved me.

Of the times I said it back.

You're still with him. You flaunt your relationship in front of me with careless disregard for my feelings. You come to me after you’ve just had sex with him and confess your desires for me because you think it will placate me.

It works.

I sit in the dark, alone, and secretly wonder why I don't hate you.

3 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

WOW. That was really beautiful!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Very well written for 100.....

J Hali Steele said...

Awesome!