Saturday, July 31, 2010

When Souls Collide, Chapter 8, Part 1.

The sun is shining and the extreme humidity and heat are gone. The day beckons to me. So we'll just get to the nitty-gritty.

Have a great Saturday!

All rights are the intellectual property of the author. No part may be copied or reproduced without the permission of the author.


***Warning. The following story contains erotic elements, explicit language and violence. Read at your own risk.***

Ursus needed to touch her, protect her. When she’d blamed herself for the damage to her face, it was all he could do not to find those responsible and slaughter them. “You’re not at fault.”

Tesza moved away, hugging her body, shivering in the steamy room.

Ursus couldn’t fight the pull. He needed to touch her, breaking contact was painful. In three strides he crossed the room and tugged her into his arms, cradling her against his chest. Tesza began to cry. Silent sobs, picking up intensity the longer her held her, until she shook in his arms.

He reached up and patted her head, unsure what else she needed. “Stop. Stop crying.” He’d never dealt with a crying female and never an enemy female. Comfort was not in his nature.

Tesza was different. He couldn’t get her out of his head. She’d become an addiction, an obsession. He never waited to see if those he hunted could feel or react. He’d always shot them, never looked them in the eyes or spoke a word. Ursus had always been unfeeling, uncaring that they were gone, exterminated. They were one less rodent to hunt. Why had she been different? Was it truly her energy that called like a siren’s song, or something more? Had her evil possessed him?

Tezsa wasn’t a rodent and she wasn’t evil. “You’re not one of them.”

She stiffened under his hold. “One of what, Ursus?” She yanked away and backed into a corner. “Don’t touch me. I’m not a pet.”

Ursus closed in. “No, no you’re not.”

“Then don’t pat my head, don’t touch me.”

“I can’t stop myself. I need to touch you, taste you, climb inside you and merge with you flesh and bone. I can’t get close enough. I can’t think. You’ve possessed me.”

Her gaze riveted to his. “Possessed?” The word came out in a hoarse whisper.

“You haunt me even as you stand there. Please. Please don’t push me away. I can’t take it.” He stepped closer and she pressed back into the corner, eyes wide, her chest rising and falling.

“It hurts.” Ursus took another step forward.

“No.” She sank to her heels, staring up at him like a wounded animal. The look in her eyes ripped his heart to shreds. “Don’t come any closer.”

Ursus balled his hands and fought the urge to snag her off the floor. “Don’t play innocent. I can taste your lust in the air. You desire me as much as I need you. No games, Tezsa.”

She shook her head and dropped her gaze to the floor. “It’s not that I don’t want you. I can’t do this.”

"I would never hurt you.”

"Can you say the same for the others of my kind?”

No. He’d hurt them before and would do it again. Who was she to question him? Ursus snarled and spun around. “Everything you require is here. I’ll be back with food and medicine for your wound. Don’t try to leave this room. If you attempt to escape, I’ll tie you down.”

He stormed out, letting the metal panel slam shut with a bang behind him. Inside his body felt like it burned, sharp pains raced through his chest and his teeth hurt where he’d nearly pulverized them by clenching down. He’d make her see she needed him as much as he needed her. Tesza was his.

No comments: