Thursday, September 16, 2010

Juggling

Many thanks to Rebecca for filling in for me in a pinch last week. Bit of a family emergency, but all is well now.

There are times when I wish for more hours in the day so I can get more stuff done that I want. See, I still have a full-time job. One that I love, even though it keeps me pretty busy. It makes it so that I have to make judicious use of the time I'm not at work. Sometimes my brain doesn't always cooperate and more often than not, that little notepad I keep beside my computer at work gets a workout.
Recently, I've wished the tables were turned and I had more time to write and less to work. It's not really unusual, I've run into a few times in a past few years. More so recently as I've got a few pots I'm stirring at the same time writing-wise right now.

So I make the best of it and cram as much as I can in the hours I have.

I can't be the only one in this type of situation - anyone else find themselves juggling things?

3 comments:

nerinedorman said...

Ah, hell, I know that feeling. Day-job at the newspapers, freelance and contracted fiction editing, and authoring, not to mention PA and script supervising to crazy indie film-making husband. I'm just glad I don't have kids.

Sara Brookes said...

Nerine ~ My goodness, that is a lot. My best to you for doing that much!

Annie Nicholas said...

I'm in the same boat. I work a full time job too. Every once in a while I get this clench in my chest that I need to write more.
Then I cry on someone's shoulder and remember I'm only human. So are you. :) It will get written.