Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Spirit


My Christmas spirit didn’t arrive on time this year. Hoping to get inspired I set up the tree a little earlier. My boys were thrilled and got excited about the season yet my spirit still lacked.
I wrote my gift list and checked it twice. Took a walk along the shops but, nope, no spirit available.
It snowed a few days ago so we sat on the porch with hot chocolate and watched the world turn white. Something twinkled inside of me. Nothing huge just a spark.
The next morning my husband called from work to remind me of the Christmas parade. Bundling the boys in layers to endure the cold, we marched the couple blocks and made it in time to see the start. Watching my small town come together really warmed my heart. 
Inspired, when we returned home I decided to spread the joy so I came here and redecorated the place!
Hope you’ve found your Christmas spirit.
Today you can find me at Bitten by Books at my virtual launch party for CATCH at 1PM EST. I’m handing out some presents.


What do you do to get into the holiday season?

No comments: