Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Surviving being Snowed In...

Well, I made it through two days of literally being snowed into my house. This would be romantic, even fun, if it was just my husband and I. If the children could somehow miraculously get to still run around and Ralph and I had to stay home--that would be ideal. But this is the real world, not the one I make up in my head.

Being stuck in the house with three children under six years old (One of the 15 months old) is a long, long day and we had two of them. I can't tell you the relief I felt when I woke up this morning and the roads were--for the most part--clear.

Everything was made doubly difficult due to the fact that my muse came out to play and wanted to write very badly. Nope. No time for that when you have to be 'on' all day with the kids. Please don't get me wrong, I ADORE my children. But they are very active little boys. One of their first questions this morning was when we would be leaving the house today.

Clearly, I'm not the only one who thought the snow was pretty but wanted it GONE.

Did you get any snow? What did you do?

3 comments:

Dodie said...

My kids nagged me about playing in the snow for 30 minutes, went outside for 5, and came back in crying. Its much nicer from the windows than in person. :)

Rebecca Royce said...

That is true!! But we are taking them today to try skiing at a local mountain. I really want them to love it!

Kristabel Reed said...

With the snow drifts, you could lose a kid. But it was fun. Not too good for snowball fights, though. I baked brownies and plotted. Plotting was difficult when the TV was on both days with various things blasting from it, but productive nonetheless.

I was glad to get out of the house!