Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Friday...

And I'm Baaaccckkk! Thanks to all the wonderful folks who helped cover for me last Friday. Some really good stuff there! I see a shopping trip in my crystal ball.

Okay, last week I was in LA and even though it was cold, I didn't want to leave. I just love that city. Of course, eventually, I'd have hightailed it up to the desert which I love even more. But that's coming...

RT was absolutely the best this year! Ellora's Cave threw a Bollywood bash that leaves me asking: "How can they top that?" But I believe in Chicago -- they will. The dancers were simply awesome, the gifts for each attendee were just too cool!! I got a tinkly shimmy belt thing and some little finger cymbals. Do NOT ask me what they're called, don't know, but I sure like the sound of them.

I spent the week with Nikita Isaacs, boy did we have fun. The woman knows every author in the world, and hanging out with her got me more swag than a little bit. *big grin* Niki took great pics and I'm going to share some with you.

My fav, Me and CJ... The man is just too HOT!

And yes, I tried to dance the night away, lmao

Me and Niki chillin'

Niki with Jacquelyn Frank... Can't wait to read Adam!!

My new friend, LT. Guess what? She's a Phury lover. YAY!

David, a Mr. Romance contestant

Niki and LA Banks

This wolf was badass!!

Wendy, the winner of next year's FREE RT registration
Niki and Kate Douglas (Told you, she knows everybody!!)
Finally, me and Mindy on movie night (small world, Mindy joined my Yahoo Group, we got to talking and discovered we both worked at the same place over 20 years ago! She's a blast to hang out with.)

Well, that's enough picture show... but dang, I could take pages and pages and still not be able to show you all the fun everyone had. The RT group put on a fantastic show - AS ALWAYS! Remember, next year, Chicago, and it's coming fast - are you ready!! Until then:

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

3 comments:

Grimace said...

AHHH! Wish I had been there!

J Hali Steele said...

Everyone had a great time! Maybe Chicago next year?

Rebecca Royce said...

For sure!