Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Week of Firsts...

So...Saturday was The Day.

Moira Rogers and I attended the Birmingham Books and Babes Book Club meeting.

Even though poor Bree was sick couldn't make it, Donna and I had a blast. It was my first reader luncheon/signing/talk, and it wasn't half as scary as I thought it would be. It was so great meeting another local(ish) author!


We did learn over dinner that we weren't the only special guests invited. I give you The Laird, the official mascot of the BBB Book Club.


He was introduced to us as "the man for every woman." You can see his spots--he's a shifter, a vampire, a fire fighter, a police officer, a sheriff, a rock star, body builder, a highlander, a solider, a cowboy, a striper, and an angel.

Once the ladies had a couple of drinks, his clothes came off...


Yeah. What else is there to say about that? LOL

I also met a very special reader Saturday. She had sent me a FB message saying she'd found my book at her local book store. I was so thrilled! I'd never seen my book on the shelf before she showed me the picture.


She went on to say she'd spoken with the staff about my books on a previous visit. When she returned a few weeks later, she saw they'd stocked Everlong and snapped some pictures for me. She even drove from Lexington, KY to Birmingham, AL for the signing and showed me the pics and told me her story in person. It was the most amazing experience.

I feel truly blessed. Ours really is the best job in the world.

2 comments:

Ryssa Edwards said...

This looks like so much fun! And that reader was so sweet to bring a picture for you.

Hailey Edwards said...

It was a lot of fun. I had several OMG moments, like meeting the Laird, and most of them were caught on camera. A reader who couldn't attend even started captioning my speech on FB. I haven't worked up the nerve to read it yet. LOL

As nervous as I was, I am so ready to do it again. :D