Thursday, September 15, 2011

On Submission

I just sent off a packet for submission to one of my editors last night and it feels good to complete a project. Not to mention a little unnerving. The first few days after sending in something, I always get a little nervous. After that, I can move on and sometimes even manage to dive into work so deeply, I forget I have something out there that I'm waiting to hear back on.

It doesn't help much that I dove back into paranormal after having been away for quite some time. My last (and next few upcoming) releases have all revolved around BDSM and either been futuristic or contemporary. A handful of shorts (one of which comes out next week, but I'll get to that in a minute) and a full-length. This submission had nothing at all to do with BDSM. Barely even a glimpse of it. But the two characters held an interest dynamic.

See, Brady is an emergency room doctor at a pediatric hosptial in Chicago. And Garrett, well, he's a gargoyle--well, at least by day. *EG* Hopefully, I'll get to share these characters with you at some point in the future.

As I said, I have a new release next Friday, and I have an ARC of it up for grabs at my site. So swing on by and leave a comment to be entered. I'll draw a winner on Sunday night, so win it before you can buy it! http://www.sarabrookes.net/2011/09/13/contest-perfect-limit-arc/

And, I also have an "open post" going at the moment where you can ask me anything and I'll post the answers in a post later in the month. I'm going to pick a few winners from those comments to win their choice of my backlist. http://www.sarabrookes.net/2011/09/02/ask-me-open-post/

No comments: