Saturday, September 3, 2011

Where has D L Been?

First I want to extend a huge thanks to my guest bloggers from August, Ann and Ryssa, and announce the winner of Ryssa's novel.

And the winner is....

MSMJB65.

The author will be contacting you shortly, MJB, with your prize.

Where have I been? August has been a busy month for me. Between Marine homecomings, and a new release and two new contracted stories, I'm surprised I've found time to write. My stress has been on a rollar coaster ride--both good and bad. Sadly, I lost my grandfather two weeks ago and my focus hasn't been all there.

But I'm back now and writing up a storm. Working on three of my series and two which have been neglected for too long. The sequel to Slipping the Past, Nate Miller's story, is almost done. I've got 5, count them, 5 almost done for Blown Away, two which I'm editing, and I've been working on a sequel to Last Flight of the Ark. Good things are ahead. I'm particularly excited about Collateral Lives, story #4 in the Blown Away Series with my military convicts, in a suicide brigade, who are human bomb-disarming remotes.
Damn, that one was fun to write.

Anyway, I'll give you the news and move on. I've got 100 people coming over for a Marine homecoming party tomorrow and lots to do.

Here's the news.



Cinderella Wore Combat Boots is out. You can get it here:  Cinderella Wore Combat Boots
All of the profits I earn from the sale of this story will go to The Wounded Warrior Project. Please consider purchasing a copy and help me to help wounded vets. :)

And....


This Endris Night will be released the first week of December in print with the Christmas 1NS Anthology. Woot! It will also be available as a single in e-novel format. Oh yeah, that's a polar bear on the cover.

Here's the blurb: 

One night. One party of a lifetime. One secret a century old which could end it all.

Shiya, a Yupik supermodel, travels to Alaska in pretense of attending a party where she’ll find the man of her dreams. But her real intent is to lure the man of her nightmares to where she can finally end a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Gunnar is on Earth for one reason—to recover the wreckage of a Doppelganger crash that is scattered for miles, throughout an Alaskan resort and human settlements. In order to get closer to the ship’s debris, he agrees to a date and finds himself face to face with a Terran woman who doesn’t know her genetics are from his world, or that she’s being tracked by someone whose duty is to eliminate all threats to their secret. Shiya’s heritage has placed her at the top of the killer’s list.


Now the only way to save her, is to claim her, and Shiya isn’t about to make it easy.


Are you feeling patriotic?

Somebody's been a naughty, naughty girl. That's right, I'm talking menage. My latest contracted story for the 1NS series, Seducing Liberty, is a time travel back to 1776, with members of Washington's infamous Culper spy ring.

Stay tuned for the release date.

So, have a fantastic Saturday, and I'll see you next week.

D L

2 comments:

Ryssa Edwards said...

D L, I'm so sorry for your loss. And it's great that you're back writing again! Thank you for having me on Paranormal Romantics

D L Jackson said...

Thanks for blogging, Ryssa. We enjoyed having you.