Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Friday

Okay, is anyone wondering if I have a weird fetish? I come upon the oddest looking, off the beaten path, pics of houses and I can't resist looking at them. And there's a bad part to this coming later. Someone only has to say a word to jog my mind and like a flash, I'm running around the web like a crazy woman. :) This happened last week when a coworker and I talked about lighthouses. Conversation turned to sea captains, waiting wives, and of course--ghosts.

I've never written a ghost story. I write about bloodsucking cats, howling shepherd shifters, over-sexed stone people, and angels gone wild. No ghost. Ghost don't make me shiver or go gooey inside. They're too nice, too sedate. The idea of my hero rattling chains, and brooding around a dark, dank lighthouse... well, there's not enough death, bite, or blood[sucking] there. Even as I think about it, I'm not really thinking about it. Writing about ghosts that is. I've rambled enough.

Have you read a scary good ghost story? Feel free to share it because I might yet read something that may change my mind about them.

Now, here's the bad thing about me stumbling upon the odd houses--I can't resist sharing them with all of you! *grin* Enjoy.

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments: