Friday, March 9, 2012

It's Friday

Didn't want to get up but dang, it's been so nice out I feel like I'm missing something! :) Gardening, that's it, I want to play in my garden. Soon, soon. Got to get the leaves away from everything first...

In the meantime, I'm sitting here scrolling through Yahoo news and spotted the Consumer's Report on the new iPad and its comparison to a few rivals. Wow! do people really use all those apps? I like things simple which means the first Kindle is just fine with me. Talk about behind the times, I still basically read on my mini computer. I did have an iPhone once and believe it or not, I really used it to make phone calls. *laughing* Finally couldn't justify monthly payment when I could do the same thing with my less than modern phone at 1/3 the cost.

Now, I don't need a new eReader, but I'm feeling ancient when I pull out my thick old flip phone to make a call. I actually feel eyes boring into me when I snap it open. There are muffled coughs, and surprised whispers when folks actually see me use it! I'm expecting, eventually, some youngster will ask, "Lady, what's that?"

Anyway, I've done some checking and if I do spring for a gadgety phone, my bill will more than double. Do I need that? And will I use the newer phone to its full advantage if I do get one? Here's the deal: I can buy  10-15 more $4 eBooks a month with what I'm NOT spending on a newer, fancier phone.

Hmm, let me think about this some more...

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

No comments: