Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Friday

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! Goodness, I feel like Alice in Wonderland but hopefully, there aren't any rabbit holes in my future!! :)

Sorry to be late, but I slept in. Got home from work, turned the heat on, jumped in bed and got all toasty warm under the covers...then got right back up. Reason? I finished a short story a few days ago and there was some rewriting and editing needed and I just couldn't sleep until I took a look at it!! So I landed at the computer and started reading and fixing. Think I ended up with a much better story, but I know I'll read it again, then probably once more before it goes anywhere, well, except to my beta reader, she gets to see some pretty rough stuff and is the best at redirecting me and showing me things I don't see. Gotta love her.

Anyway, when I finished what I was working on I took a stroll through my WIP folder and found some things I hadn't looked at for quite a while. Not a good idea because I can't get one of them out of my mind. The character has started to clamor and a small riot is taking place in my head. He wants to know my plans, when I'll set him free, or if I'll shove him back in the box! I haven't decided yet, guess I'm waiting to see how loud he gets, but I do have an idea or two, or five or six of what I can do with him. I already have an idea of what he looks like--courtesy of Bentboys Place

He's been hanging out at my website for a long, long time now. Too long. Wonder who he is, and if he'd let me actually put him on a cover? Yeah, maybe I should let this one come out and play...

Enjoy your Friday and make the best of your weekend.

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-J. Hali Steele

2 comments:

D L Jackson said...

I certainly enjoy climbing a good rope from time to time, J.

Thanks for sharing your friend.

J Hali Steele said...

*smile* He give's me goosebumps...the good kind!