Thursday, June 28, 2012

Celebrating 1 Year of being published!


Hey everyone!

It's an exciting time for me right now, because as of July 1, 2012, I will have been published for one year. My debut novella, Celestial Seduction released last year as part of Decadent Publishing's 1Night Stand line. It was the first scifi romance in the line, and the beginning of a dream come true.



It was fellow Paranormal Romantics author, Rebecca Royce who encouraged me to write a story for this line. Her story, One Night With A Wolf had been contracted, and she thought it would be a good fit for me. And the journey began.

So, I thought I'd share with you an excerpt from Celestial Seduction:

“Remember how I said I needed an open-minded partner?” She nodded, her eyes catching a quick glance from his before returning to her stomach. Just a couple more minutes and he’d be finished. 

He prepared to hold her down should she freak out when he told her he came from space. “I’m not exactly like you and most of the people on Earth. I’m….different.”

“Like a demon or a guardian angel?”

He laughed. It sounded forced, but he needed to stay focused on healing Carrie rather than mating with her. “No, you’re thinking paranormal. Try science fiction.”

She began to squirm under him, but he didn’t need to restrain her. “A….clone? Artificial intelligence?”

He finished healing her and lay down beside her. His thumb ran across her lips, wanting to taste them again, but knowing he probably wouldn’t. “Try alien.”


Her mouth curved into a smile. “Alien. I don’t think so. You’re missing the big head and eyes, the green skin, the willowy limbs.”

He touched his fingertips to the side of her head. “Like this?” He flashed an image of the alien Earthlings always expected to arrive from space.

Yeah, but how’d you do that?” Fear shone in her eyes.

Leaving the bed, he sat on one of the loveseats. The night was over. In a second, she’d dress as quickly as possible and rush out of the room. “I told you, I’m an alien from outer space.” Perhaps he shouldn’t have told her. He would spend the rest of the night alone.

BUY LINKS:

All the best!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU have been a gorgeous addition to the team, Jess, and I am ever grateful to Rebecca Royce for sending you over. Congratulations on your anniversary of being published, I feel like WE are the lucky ones, though!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks so much! It has been an amazing year, and I truly appreciate all of the opportunities you've given me. :)

Jenna said...

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary/birthday for being published! I'm in the midst of reading your second book, Beneath the Starry Skies and loving it! I'll come back and pick this one up for sure. :)

Rebecca Royce said...

So proud of you Jess! Look at everything you've done!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you so much, Jenna! It's been an exciting year. :) I hope you enjoy them both.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks Rebecca! Any you've been there encouraging me along the way. Hugs! :)

Layna Pimentel said...

Congratulations hon! You deserve it.

I really can't believe it's been a year already.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks so much, L! I appreciate all of your support over the past year, and before as well. Hugs! :)

Teresa Cypher said...

Congrats, Jessica! I loved the excerpt. Wonderful success story :-) You make me want to keep on keeping on.