Sunday, June 17, 2012

Paper or Plastic...well..E-Book

I realized after I posted last month (my first official post) that I didn't even introduce myself as a new member of this wonderful blog. So, I'm Lyric James! :-) I write multicultural (African American and Interracial) contemporary and sometimes pararnormal erotic romance. I'm so excited to be a part of this wonderful blog and I hope you stop by every day and visit the other wonderful authors of this blog. If you'd like to learn more about me and my books, visit my website at www.lyricjamesbooks.net

If you can't tell by my title today...I'm in "reader" mode this month. It's that time of year when I can actually sit down and get a lot of reading done that I don't get to do during the school year. And I do mean "sit" with a book in my hand...that's right...actual paper. I've just come to the realization that I still like the feel of a good book in my hand. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm for e-books all the way baby!!! During the school year, it's easier for me to just download a book and keep on pushing through my day. I'm not loaded down with an extra bag in my hand with four of five books in it. Plus, with kid activities and school activities, I don't often have the time to go to B&N and browse the shelves. But, just this month alone, I've purchased five books and checked out two from my local library, whereas, E-books, I've only purchased ONE. That's a big switch for me. Usually, it's the other way around.

So again, it got me to thinking, which do I really prefer. And I guess my answer is...I'm a 50/50 type of girl...depending on the time of the year and the circumstance. Oh...and let's not forget, I'm a listener of books too. I love to listen to books, especially when I'm in the car. I guess you can say, I'm a 50/50/50 girl. :-) Because actually, some series, I only buy in audio because I completely enjoy listening to the voices the narrator has created for the characters.

I'm the type of reader who spreads her love (money) around. What about you? Which do you prefer paper or .... E-book?

Have a great week.

:-) Lyric

1 comment:

Annie Nicholas said...

This is such a hard choice. I love paper because it's a visual thing. Especially for my TBR pile. It's a reminder that I have it to read. On my Nook I tend to forget I have books waiting there for me. However, it's also a nice surprise to open my Nook and find three books TBR.

If I had to choose one over the other, I'd pick ebook. I live very far from the closest book store so to have instant access to the books I want is so so so nice. *pocket book cries*