Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fated Mates!



I've always wanted to ask this question to my heroes: you have a fated mate, but are you happy with yours?

Why? I look at it this way, there is a whole world or universe even, of partners out there. How does it feel to know that even though there are so many out there, only one is for you? So I asked my hero from Fire Woman, Zac Frost. Here's what he had to say.


Fated mates. (Sighs) I knew when I was a kid there was only one person for me. I say person because at the time, I didn't know if my counterpart - the elemental term we use for a mate - was a guy or a girl, another elemental or a human. I kind of figured my person was a female because I'm straight, but the Goddess does throw curve balls. I also figured, being an water elemental with my powers focused on ice, my counterpart had better be able to stand the chill. I happen to have found her and I'm glad, but here's my thoughts on the whole fated business.

In some cultures, once the mate shows up there is no chance for another person to step in. That's fine. Where I have an issue is that just because you're mates, or counterparts like Atria and me, doesn't mean you have to fall in love in an instant. I question that instant connection. I know there is love at first sight. I'm pretty sure I fell head over heels for Atria the moment I laid eyes on her, but I always knew there was a chance she wouldn't return my affections. I guess that's the risk we run when there's a fated mate involved--not being loved in return. It's rather like humans. Just because you fall for someone doesn't mean they will fall for you, too.

So while I don't like the idea that two supers will fall into forever love in a moment just because they are mates, I can see where it would happen. I like the risk of things falling apart. That makes me think that there's a little more to the connection. It's stronger.

But I could be wrong. What do you think?

I didn't have a thought either way. I've always wanted to ask a super and now I have. But, readers, what are your thoughts? Zac and I would love to know.

She's everything he needs... if he can withstand the burn.

Atria Moline isn't your average photographer. She controls fire. Sounds fun, being able to scorch whenever you like? Think again. She's lonely and desperate for the touch of the man who can dance in her flame--if she doesn't immolate him first.

Zac "Iceman" Frost controls the stage with his band Glow. He's not about to back down from Atria's challenge. He'd got secrets of his own and his sights set on her.

Contains some hot sex between a fire elemental and a sexy water elemental.


Amazon, BN, ARe, and Changeling Press

2 comments:

Tina B said...

I don't know that there is only 1 person for everyone. I believe that we all make choices and each one alters our destiny, so therefore, our "mates" may change depending on what we choose. ;)
Strange, I know.
Loved the post.

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

Hi Tina,

Not strange at all. I figure we all make our destinies no matter what they are--be it one person or two or whatever. I agree with you. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

Wendi