Tuesday, August 28, 2012

More time is coming!

As an author, and a parent, I am always looking for more time. It all seems to fly by so quick, and at the end of the day, I'm wondering what the heck I did. I always have a list of things I need to get done, and a date book where I write every commitment I have in terms of writing and promotion. But lately, I seem to be completely overwhelmed. And by the time I hit my pillow at night, I'm zonked. I go straight to sleep. Is it because the kids are home on summer holidays? Maybe. Have I taken on too much? Maybe.

But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. School starts next week. I'm hoping to have more time to write. 'Cause right now I'm lucky to get in a couple of hours a week. And I'm looking forward to having family time where I'm not thinking about writing. (Okay, that's a maybe.) I want to exercise more, and work on reading the ever increasing pile of books on my e-reader.

I'll have to see if any of that happens. Knowing me, I'll just take on more. LOL

So, if you had more time, what would you do with it?


Jessica E. Subject, author of Science Fiction Romance and more
Because everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after…

Connect with Jessica here:

Releases September 7, 2012

2 comments:

Diane Burton said...

What an intriguing question. I'm retired, my children are grown, so my time is basically my own. Hubs does like some attention. LOL Unlike many retired spouses, he doesn't live in my pocket or expect me to drop what I'm doing to "attend" to him. But, I guess if I had more time it would be to do all the things he'd like to do together plus all the time I have to write. I admire all the writers who hold down full time jobs, have young families, & still write. More power to you all.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thanks, Diane! All the best! :)