Friday, August 10, 2012

My love of the north!

I'm so in love with the north. Mostly northern Canada. I have roots there. I'd rather go on an Alaska cruise as opposed to a Caribbean one and yes I know Alaska is US, but I really, really want to see it.

He didn't want to go somewhere cold for our honeymoon (as we were married in the fall).

I've been setting most of my recent books in northern Canada. Under my A.C. Ruttan name, Incarnate was set in Northwest Territories.

Under Amy Ruttan, my bear shifter, Gordon Thomas was set up in Dawson City in the Yukon.

And the sequel I'm writing is set in Winnipeg and have another planned that's set in Jasper, Alberta!
















Now, my recent sale to Ellora's Cave Hex Appeal WARRIOR UNBOUND, which is coming out in October 2012 is set in one of my most favourite places, North Bay, Ontario. I spent a lot of my childhood summers along the shores of Lake Nipissing.

Here's the unofficial blurb:


Hattie isn’t the best medicine woman in her Order, but when an ancient evil threatens to escape she’s the only one around to perform the spell to summon the great stone Warrior from his slumber. Problem is she’s not sure if she really believes in it, especially since the one key component to the spell is her soul shattering orgasm.

When the Warrior is summoned once again he is pleasantly surprised by the medicine woman who has called him and he has no problems giving her the pleasure she needs to complete the banishment spell, but something goes wrong. He still remains in the mortal realm instead of returning to his slumber in the stone and to make matters worse he remembers nothing, except the taste of the medicine woman on his lips.

Hattie takes the Warrior back home and fulfills all his needs, but there's a cost to save the world and that cost may render her stone Warrior into dust.






I eventually plan to write something set here:



Which is Lake Superior. It's a picture I took this summer on my 10,000 km road trip. Yeah, 10,000 km.

We were far north. North of 60 in fact and I finally got to experience midnight sun ...okay it wasn't technically midnight, but the sun didn't fully set until 11 p.m. It was amazing and I kind of miss it.

Here's some pics of Jasper National Park in Alberta. If you ever get the chance to drive the Icefields Parkway between Jasper & Banff DO IT. I also say the same for driving through Montana ...which we also did.




I also tend to read a lot of romances set in different locales or ones set in the north. My first real romance being Connie Mason's Ice & Rapture ...that I read when I was 14.

Authors are there places you tend to write a lot about? Readers, are their settings you prefer to read about?

No comments: