Saturday, April 27, 2013

A stone by any other name...

I'm in the middle of a writing a paranormal romance packed with magical artefacts, witches and dragons...so naturally the research is interesting.

I love reference books. I collect them on mass and stack them mostly here so in the hunt for an artefact to protect my heroine, I was skimming a symbols book and found a hag stone.

A hag stone is a stone with a natural hole formed in it. The body of the stone is said to represent the material world, the hole forming a window into the faery or spirit world.

I love the idea of a hag stone. Its name and symbolism are a plot-bunny in the making.

Oh and my heroine? She ended up with protective iron rings. :)


-----------------
Kim Knox brews sex, magic, darkness and technology in a little corner of North West England. She writes erotic science fiction and fantasy romance for Carina Press, Entangled Publishing, Ellora’s Cave, Samhain Publishing, Cleis Press and others.


DARK DEALINGS...out now from Carina Press "Ava is riveting...Knox keeps the pace moving and the plot thickening even as the potential romance between these two balances on the thinnest of knives." 4 stars ~ RT reviews

No comments: