Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Poll Time! What do you prefer? #shifters #PNR


Hello everyone! It's great to be back. :)

Right now, I'm in between celebrating my kids' birthdays, getting ready to send them back to school, and preparing for a test at the hospital. Fun! Not.

Anyway, this month is shifter month at All Romance, and there have been so many events going on. My publisher, Decadent Publishing is giving away a Kindle Fire, too. If you get a chance, pop on over and enter to WIN!

One of the surveys Decadent conducted as part of the celebration was about the type of shifters people read about. There was a bit of a surprise for me in the results. And, I'm going to conduct my own here to see if they compare.

So, please tell me, what kinds of shifters do you read about? You can select more than one answer.

Possible answers: canines, felines, dragons, birds, bears, aquatic creatures, reptiles, small mammals, and so many others.

I look forward to your answers.


Bio:
Jessica Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotica. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.

When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk. Fast. But she just may slow down if there is a waterfall nearby.

Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

5 comments:

Liza O'Connor said...

Do aliens that superficially look like black panthers but who can shift into the form of a human count as shifters?

I have a series I wrote about them. Only a fellow author does not think I should publish them because the male alien and his sister mate since they believe they are the only two of their species left.

It doesn't work out because sister is crazy. But seriously, why should aliens be held to our values.

Turns out mating with humans makes kittens too, so the male favors sane human females.

Sorry, Ive been editing for 7 hours. I'm a bit nuts right now.
I'll stop talking.....

Jessica E. Subject said...

Sounds like an interesting story, Liza! I don't think the brother/sister thing would fly though. Hope your editing is coming along well! :)

June M. said...

I guess the ones that are my favorites (probably because I have read more stories featuring them) are canines/lupines, felines, and bears. Although I am pretty much open to anything that is well written (except things that creep me out like spiders and opossums, yuck!!!)

Liz S. said...

I'll read about any kind of shifter. Not real fond of reptiles and snake though. Prefer mammal shifters.

Jessica E. Subject said...

June - Oh my gosh, you just creeped me out with the spider shifter idea. *shivers* LOL

Liz - I wonder in those cases if the man/woman would be cold blooded as well.

Thanks for stopping by! :)