Friday, April 25, 2014

Guest Author Jodi Vaughn VEILED SECRETS

Veronica Scott: It’s our pleasure today to have Author Jodi Vaughn as our guest. Her most recent book is VEILED SECRETS and we have a few questions for her!

 What prompted you to start writing? I was going through a difficult time.  I took all that pain and frustration and poured it into my book.

Which five people (real, fictional, historical) would you invite to dinner and why?
    Jodi Thomas – Her words of inspiration and encouragement have kept me writing instead of giving up.
   Sherrilyn Kenyon – I’m a diehard Kenyon minion. I adore her! 
 Mr. Darcy – He was my first fictional boyfriend.
 Norman Reedus – You know why. LOL (VS sez: May I tag along as his date ;-) ?
 A solder from Special Forces  – They are the ultimate alpha hero.

 Which word or phrase do you most overuse in a manuscript? (VS confesses to “that” being her worst word LOL): Growled. I write paranormal, what can I say?

Quickfire Questions:
Must watch  TV Show: Walking Dead
Music  on repeat: Dark Horse by Katie Perry (VS sez: I LOVE the music video for that! All that Egyptian magic wonderfulness going on…great choice!)
Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice
Cats or Dogs? Dog
Favorite Flower: Daffodil
Tea or coffee:  Tea
Sweet or spicy: Sweet
Morning person or evening person:  Morning
Last meal on Earth would be: Wine and chocolate
Favorite Perfume: Chanel
Book I Wish I’d Written: Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

What are you working on next? I am finishing up my third book in the paranormal trilogy of VEILED SECRETS. I have also written a paranormal romance series about Arkansas shifters. I hope to have them out next year.

What one question do you want to ask your Readers today?  What do you look for in a paranormal book? Story line and plot or engaging characters?

Where can your Readers find you online?
Follow me on Twitter @ JodiVaughn1
Find me on Facebook
Check out my website for upcoming books and appearances

Here’s the story for VEILED SECRETS:
“When Fairies and Demons collide, all hell breaks loose.”
Celeste Hart has never been accepted by society because of her dark visions and has vowed to let nothing stop her from uncovering what she is, good, bad or evil. But she is distracted from her quest when sexy Eric Nordstrom charms his way into her heart and into her bed. He leaves her even more confused by her intense feelings for him and she soon realizes their one night of passion has resulted in something that will change them forever, a child.

CEO Eric Nordstrom has no interest romance and even less in a relationship. His company has always been his mistress, but he can’t stop thinking about the elusive Celeste, who has made him feel more in one night than he has in his entire lifetime. When he learns of the pregnancy, he convinces Celeste to marry him on the pretense of keeping the company from another scandal while trying to seduce her back into his arms.

While Celeste tries to fit into Eric’s elite world, she discovers her visions are a result of having Fae blood. When the vengeful Queen of the Fairies sends a demon army to take her unborn child, Celeste must embrace her fairy heritage and enlist Eric’s help in her fight. Thrust into a world he doesn’t understand yet determined to protect the woman he loves, Eric joins forces with Celeste to protect their unborn child from the evil that has invaded their home.

Fate brought them together, will destiny rip them apart?

Buy Links for book:

1 comment:

Jaye Garland said...

Jodi, I love your list of people you'd hang with--especially the special forces guy. What better heroes? Wishing you much success with all your stories!