Sunday, January 29, 2017

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life... with @MeganSlayer #mmromance #vampires #zombies

I like to try to look at the bright side of things. I prefer to be a positive person in general. Trust me, I'm not perfect. I'm a worrier. Did I lock the house, shut the garage door, remember the detergent when I went to the store...that kind of thing.
Fifteen minutes into a six hour drive, I'm panicking trying to remember if I did whatever it was I could swear I forgot to do. Yep, that's me. I'm human.

But there's something about looking at the bright side. In some situations, there aren't many bright sides. I get it and it sucks. But I'm trying to be positive. We're here to talk about books and fun. We're talking about ideas and originality.

Sometimes when I'm writing, an idea that's so far out there comes to me and I wonder if the idea is worth chasing. That happened with my newest MM book, Never Give You Up. I already had a world where vampires, shifters and every other supernatural creature is being hunted. The forces who don't understand them want them gone. If you've read the other Battle Scarred books, then you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, then what are you waiting for? *g*

In Never Give You Up, the supernatural creatures are turning on each other. Some have united, but there are a few who are out for blood, so to speak. What's a vampire or any other supernatural creature to do?

Never give up.

Okay, that sounds a tad simplistic, but it's true. They can't give up. If they do, then they're dead...like fully, really dead. Anders can't give up on Galen, despite Galen taking a risky move. How these two vampires deal with the ramifications of Galen's choices will shape their friendship and could destroy it.

So the bright side...like mentioned? The bright side here is to cling to your friends and the people you know you can count on. They might be the only ones you've got. Never give up and keep fighting. The more you fight and stick up for yourself, the more you find out what you're made of. Never surrender.

Want to know more about Never Give You Up or the other Battle Scarred books? Here you go!

Never Give You Up by Megan Slayer  Battle Scarred, Book 5
Loose Id
Contemporary, Paranormal
Novella
M/M, Anal Sex, Masturbation
Cover art by Mina Carter
 Through time, distance and confusion, we will always find each other.

Galen Collins knows who he loves, but the vampire of his dreams, Anders Von, isn’t interested. What’s a vampire to do when he’s been rejected? Go to the clubs for sex. He’ll get Anders out of his mind one way or another. But there’s something wicked on the horizon in the form of a virus meant to wipe out supernatural beings. Forces who hardly know Galen are out to keep him and Anders apart. Will he allow the demons to win, or will he chase Anders to the ends of the earth?

Anders has always had a crush on Galen, but things never worked out right time-wise. Galen is the one vampire to make his emotional heart race. He wants to strip Galen to his core and explore every inch of him. Will Anders take the chance to be with Galen and discover how well they fit together or will the virus take Galen before Anders makes his move?





Megan Slayer - It's Always Fun to Squirm
Subscribe to our newsletter ~ http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

2 comments:

Diane Burton said...

I hear you about worrying about what I forgot to do before leaving home for vacation. LOL One of my fav movies is the sci-fi spook Galaxy Quest. "Never give up, never surrender." Love that slogan. This should be our motto as writers.

Nancy Gideon said...

Di bet me to the Galaxy Quest quote (as well she should!) but it does apply to us as writers. Rejection is an ugly part of our professional lives. We should turn that from "No" to "Not yet."